Are you saying to yourself, “This is finally the year that I get to go Heli-Skiing”?
Getting to that point comes with a few pre-requisites: you recognize that you have the time, the ability, the fitness and the money to take a trip that possibly holds the key to all of your skiing dreams. Great! Maybe you have spoken with someone who has been Heli-Skiing or maybe you haven’t, but inevitably you want to know more. Then you find your way to the myriad of options that pop up in your on-line search. Each company has a nice web site with enticing descriptions, beautiful photos of perfect snow, and an array of offerings that could easily leave you frustrated and bewildered.
Are there a few simple questions that will help to elevate your confidence about the choice you are about to make? We think so and have come up with a few we recommend you put to those Heli-Ski companies that made the cut:
EXPERTISE & TRACK-RECORD
- How many years have you been in business? In your history, how many skiers have you taken out skiing?
- Does your company belong to the governing body of Heli-Cat Canada?
- What is your record of safety and what processes do you undertake daily to keep your skiers safe?
- What are the qualifications of your guides? Are they certified and what does that certification mean? How many years, on average, have they worked for your company?
- Which Helicopter company do you use? How long have they been in business? How long have they flown for your company? What is their safety record?
LEVEL OF SERVICE
- What is included in my trip? What are the extras I have to pay for?
- Some companies charge for extra metres above a guaranteed amount and others do not. What do you do? What is the difference?
- What types of helicopters do you use and why?
- How many skiers do you have on any given day at your area?
- What is your refund policy if the weather is bad?
- What types of ski trips does your company offer? Do you offer anything other than Heli-Skiing?
- What trip do you recommend for me at my level of skiing?
- Does your company offer custom trips and pre/post trip extension services?
- What types of accommodations and meals do you provide?
- What other amenities do you have where we will be staying?