15 Things to Consider Before Booking a Heli-Ski Trip
Are you saying to yourself, “This is finally the year that I get to go Heli-Skiing”?
Getting to that point comes with a few pre-requisites: you recognize that you have the time, the ability, the fitness and the money to take a trip that possibly holds the key to all of your skiing dreams. Great! Maybe you have spoken with someone who has been Heli-Skiing or maybe you haven’t, but inevitably you want to know more. Then you find your way to the myriad of options that pop up in your on-line search. Each company has a nice web site with enticing descriptions, beautiful photos of perfect snow, and an array of offerings that could easily leave you frustrated and bewildered.
Are there a few simple questions that will help to elevate your confidence about the choice you are about to make? We think so and have come up with a few we recommend you put to those Heli-Ski companies that made the cut:
EXPERTISE & TRACK-RECORD
LEVEL OF SERVICE
- How many years have you been in business? In your history, how many skiers have you taken out skiing?
- Does your company belong to the governing body of Heli-Cat Canada?
- What is your record of safety and what processes do you undertake daily to keep your skiers safe?
- What are the qualifications of your guides? Are they certified and what does that certification mean? How many years, on average, have they worked for your company?
- Which Helicopter company do you use? How long have they been in business? How long have they flown for your company? What is their safety record?
- What is included in my trip? What are the extras I have to pay for?
- Some companies charge for extra metres above a guaranteed amount and others do not. What do you do? What is the difference?
- What types of helicopters do you use and why?
- How many skiers do you have on any given day at your area?
- What is your refund policy if the weather is bad?
- What types of ski trips does your company offer? Do you offer anything other than Heli-Skiing?
- What trip do you recommend for me at my level of skiing?
- Does your company offer custom trips and pre/post trip extension services?
- What types of accommodations and meals do you provide?
- What other amenities do you have where we will be staying?
So, do your search and then pick up the phone. We'd be honoured if CMH
made the short list. Our Reservations team is available is at 1.800.661.0252 Monday to Saturday from 8:30 to 5pm Mountain Time to answer your questions.