On our CMH Family Adventures at the Bobbie Burns and Bugaboo Lodges we provide lots of entertainment and excitement for the younger set. Our hiking guides work closely with our Family Adventure leaders to create some amazing days out in the mountains. And although you'd think that a helicopter, rock-climbing, games of camoflage, finding alphabets hidden in nature, I SPY, walking on a glacier and swimming in freezing-cold glacial lakes would be enough to keep the 5-15 set occupied for the day, apparently it takes more than this.
I asked Lyle Grisedale, one of our Bugaboo Lodge hiking guides how he keeps the kids engaged during those rare moments of down time and how he keeps them distracted just enough to make it to that little lake over that hill for a snack. One word: Jokes.
Lyle has become the official Family Adventure Joke-Teller at the Bugaboo Lodge. And although it took some persuasion, I managed to get him to share five of his best Family Adventure jokes with us here:
1. What do you call a sleeping bull? A bull-dozer.
2. What happened when the grizzly bear ate the comedian? He felt funny.
3. What did the chimpanzee say when his sister had a baby? Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!
4. What do you get when you cross a snake and a pie? A pie-thon.
5. What did the toy store sign say? Don't feed the animals. They are already stuffed.
How about you? How do you keep your kids motivated on the trail? Share your best family hiking story or joke with us here!
Still working on your summer vacation plans for your family? Watch this short video interview with Lyle and CMH Family Adventure leader Mandi Kujawa to learn more about CMH Family Adventures.