Best of 2011: 5 Top Blog Posts on The Adventure
With only a few days left in 2011, we thought we would take a look at the Top Blog Posts of 2011 from The Adventure. Drum-roll, please...
1. Adventure seekers were obviously delighted by this article of hikes for only the most daring. Through videos and photos, Topher Donahue reviews The World's 5 Most Dangerous "Hikes".
2. Via Ferrata, or 'iron roads' have become the hottest thing since sliced bread for anyone looking for a amazing adventure vacation. Simply put, it makes ordinary people into mountaineers. With the popularity of the Mt. Nimbus Via Ferrata at the Bobbie Burns Lodge, there were lots of requests for shorter trips, focused on the Via Ferrata. We listened! Find out how in "But I just want to do the Mt. Nimbus Via Ferrata?"
3. Just last week Topher Donahue caused a stir in the industry when musing about the possibility of using a helicopter to access remote bouldering areas. Read more in "Anyone want to be the first to go heli-bouldering in Canada?"
4. Are you considered bringing the family on a CMH Summer Adventure Family Vacation? Sue Arlidge, one of the Family Adventure Leaders, shares a few memories and gives you the inside scoop in "What REALLY Happens on a CMH Family Adventure?"
5. Adventure Rules! This year, the guides at the Bobbie Burns Lodge have established a new adventure that defies categorization and promises to rock the adventure travel world. In this invterview with Bruce Howatt, Area Manager at the Bobbie Burns Lodge, you can learn all about "The Wildest New Adventure in North America"
What was your favourite blog post of 2011? Is there something you'd like to learn more about? Suggestions for future blog posts? Let us know in the comments below.
All the best for 2012!