5 Stunning Black and White Summer Photos
When up in the mountains, there is such a vast array of colours in every direction. Green meadows, blue alpine lakes, red flowers; the list goes on! Sometimes, when you take the colour out of the picture (literally), you are left to appreciate the true beauty of nature that surrounds you out in the mountains.
Some photographers have a great eye for when to shut off the colour, and let the landscape speak for itself. Here are my five favorite black and white shots from this summer at CMH:
1. Building thunderclouds always make for fantastic black and white photographs
2. Towering spires poking out of the snow
3. Group of hikers heading across a ridge in the Bugaboos
4. Group of CMH Summer Adventurers heading out on a CMH Glacier Trek.
5. The rock in the foreground pales in comparison to the towering spires in the background
Do you shoot in black and white? Ever considered it? When do you find it most useful? Let us know in the comments below!